On top of the user interface, menu points for the following general procedures are provided:
- Data Transfer: Database import and export as well as data transfer between different databases via client (only databases with corresponding data fields); [all functions disabled, but in the present version – import functions p. pte. implemented in menu of data frame for the Checklist project item].
- Import XML: import of XML-coded checklist file [generated by checklist parser function (see Data Validation and Data Conversion)].
- Import XML from file list: import of XML-coded checklist files from file list
- Import XML: export of XML-coded checklist file
- Data Validation: Parser functions for validatation of contents and syntax [all functions disabled, but in the present version – validation of checklist data p. pte. implemented in menu of data frame for the Checklist project item].
- Convert to XML: syntax checking parser function for XML-embedded checklists (with proprietary markup) during conversion into pure XML.
- Data Extraction: e.g. CODATA elements [– to be implemented]
- Data Conversion: data conversion between different formats (HTML, XHTML, XML, ASCII, UTF8, etc.) [– p. pte. implemented]
- Convert to XML: function to convert XML-embedded checklist (with proprietary markup) into pure XML + syntax checking parser function
Data Transformation: concatenation, etc. [– to be implemented]
[[– to be implemented]
Special Tree Views
- [– to be implemented]
- Viewing (XML-coded) phylogenetic tree data
- Viewing and editing (XML-coded) taxonomic tree data